1st International Conference Multilingualism and Language Studies in Higher Education
The conference was held on 8-10 December, 2011 at Vytautas Magnus University (Kaunas, Lithuania).
The aim of the conference was to assemble researchers, international experts, language teaching specialists, politicians, heads and teachers of higher education language centres and institutions, and other social stakeholders for the discussion about the state and problems concerning multilingual competence development in higher education.
The conference discussions were proceeded in four stages:
- Plenary sessions
- Round table discussions
- Oral, poster, and virtual presentations
- Language forums
After the conference, the book was published. The book contains summaries of presentations for International scientific conference „Multilingualism and Language Studies in Higher Education“ in English, Lithuanian, French, German, Spanish and Latvian languages, including conference programme, list of conference participants and project information. The presentations investigated the issues on language policy, development of plurilingual competence in higher education, language diversity, multilingualism for economic competitiveness and content and language integrated learning. Also the electronic edition of selected papers “Research in Multilingualism” was issued. The volume of selected papers presents research in issues in language policy, language teaching and learning in higher education, development of plurilingual competence and intercultural dialogue.
More about conference:
- 1st International Conference Multilingualism and Language Studies in Higher Education
- 2nd International Conference Sustainable Multilingualism: Research, Studies, Culture
- 3rd International Conference Sustainable Multilingualism: Language, Culture and Society
- 4th International Conference Sustainable Multilingualism 2017
- 5th International Conference Sustainable Multilingualism 2019